Sunday, January 27, 2013

Expect to Suck at Bowling

Looking for a fantastic, unique research topic? Look no further! I propose that some fine scholar out there study the effect of growing tiny humans on the mother's bowling ability. Last Saturday's bowling night proved that you should REALLY expect to suck at bowling when you're pregnant.

Here's my hypothesis: Pregnancy will turn any respectable bowling enthusiast into a gutter-throwing, low-scoring bowler.

I'm no master bowler by any means, but I am usually able to break 100 during my games. Last night I scored a new low at my local bowling alley. After managing to score a total of 7 points in 6 frames I realized that the baby was totally throwing off my game groove. No matter what I tried my ball pulled to the right. Waaay right. Like two lanes over right. I'm about 98% positive that it's the baby's fault. Every time I went to bowl, I'm sure it did a ninja-flip and tossed my center of gravity off. On purpose. Dang the acrobatic skillz of my unborn child.

My pride hurt. My arms hurt. And I think baby's feelings were hurt after I called baby a horrible spare-wrecker. Sorry, child.

At least the cheese fries were good.

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I went bowling when I was about 8 months pregnant - don't know what I was thinking! I just gave in and did the Granny Bowl the whole time aka two hands in front rolling the ball between your legs. I'm sure I looked ridiculous, but I didn't gutter ball...that much. :)

    ReplyDelete